Help moving itunes playlist needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MyMelange, Nov 10, 2008.

1. MyMelange macrumors newbie

Ok, here is the deal.

Just bought a new macbook (love it). My BF and I currently have itunes on my PC desktop under one account. Since I have less tunes than the BF- we created a special playlist on that account just for me.

The macbook is mine and I want to transfer ONLY my playlist to the macbook and take it off of the desktop PC- leaving the desktop PC with only the BF songs intact-as that will become his computer.

I wouldn't mind also having my own itunes account on said new macbook to make it easier to manage in the future.

Could someone give me (a non techie) the easiest way to accomplish this.

I have an ipod shuffle, currently loaded with all of the songs in question- about 75 in total.

We tried uploading the contents of the Ipod to the macbook- without success. I was afraid to just transfer them b/c I don't want all of BF thousands of songs on my macbook- and I don't want to erase his from the PC.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!! Hope I haven't confused you :)

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Do you have a USB flash drive? If you do, just drag all of your songs that you want to put on the Macbook onto it. Insert it into your Macbook and drag all of the songs into iTunes.

If you don't have a USB flash drive, did you say that all of the songs that you want on your Macbook are on your iPod? If they are, you can connect the iPod to your Macbook and use a free program called Senuti to extract the songs off of it. The program is really simple to use, the directions of how to use it are on Senuti's website here.

I hope one of those options will help you.

3. MyMelange thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much!!

Both of these are an option for me. I'll try the USB first.