Help mr, please somebody help mr!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeyondtheTech, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

Jun 20, 2007
    For the love of Steve, can someone tell mr why typing M E autocorrects to M R?

It's driving mr completely insane that M R would be a more popular and suggested autocorrection, especially when there is no punctuation used for it.

1. I tap the backspace key and tap M E in the black pop-up dialog box, but it seems to work for mr in just that one instance.

2. I tap the white M R pop-up at the bottom-right, just as I type the word, and that also works for mr in that one instance.

How can I keep the iPhone's autocorrect and spell-checking features without it driving mr totally mad??

I swear, somebody's just messing with mr.
  2. Peace macrumors Core

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
    I tried that and had no problem. What iPhone and version of IOS do you have ?
  3. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

Jun 15, 2010
    I don't have that issue either. Although the hell to he'll annoys me to death.
  4. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

Jun 20, 2007
    I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1. I've had this issue since 4.0, and even started the phone from scratch, no restores.

A thought! Since it does autocorrect to names in my Contacts, what if some of my contacts had a title to them?

Scrubbing my Contacts list now...
  5. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    It's because you have an Mr. in contacts.
  6. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

Jun 20, 2007
    Damn you, Mr Pi's Sushi Restaurant! I added a period to his name and I'm cured!

Scratch one off the major annoyances of my iPhone 4.
  7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

May 25, 2008
    Dallas Tx.
    Aggie - 7
    Mr in contact list - 0
  8. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Aug 30, 2010
    Oh you go to Mr. Pi's Sushi Restaurant too? They're only open on March 14th and even then theyre pretty irrational about reservations.