Help! MSN Messenger not working!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oren2121, Dec 20, 2009.

1. oren2121 macrumors newbie

Okay - I got a new macbook pro 3 days ago and I downloaded MSN messenger and when i try to log in it says that my email/password is incorrect(which is not true because i connected to MSN through meebo and to my email). I tried changing my password to all letters/all number/very easy and i tried to delete and reinstall MSN messenger but nothing worked. As a MSN messenger addict - god please help me

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. oren2121 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

You need to download adium. Seriously, it actually is so much better than microsoft messenger.

Have a play around with all the add ons as well, you can make it look gorgeous

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Your source must not be terribly reliable. I've been using it for years, and right now I'm signed in on 11 accounts across 10 IM protocols (including MSN). Facebook Messenger support is occasionally patchy, and Twitter is still in beta, but other than that it has been flawless.

6. oren2121 thread starter macrumors newbie

i meant it doesnt work for people with my problem and i really would prefer going MSN but ill try adium and still hope that someone will have an answer for me

7. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Yeah, since I haven't had your problem I can't comment on how what works or doesn't work. I see no reason why Adium should work where MSN Messenger won't, but it's all-around a better client and giving it a try won't hurt.

You could try using the "forgot password" feature on the MSN. Changing the password should have been enough, but it's just a stab in the dark. Beyond that, all I can suggest is to wait to see if it's a bug on the MSN servers that they'll sort out in the fullness of time. I like it when that's the case because I don't have to do anything myself to solve the problem. That applies doubly for when I'm administrating a server and can blame somebody else when my users complain about the downtime. :)

8. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

MSN Mac sucks, period. Don't use it. I had nothing but problems when I was a Mac noob and used it, switched to aMSN, loved it. Switched to Adium when I found it, loved it even more.