Help! Music has disappeared from my iPhone 5 but still present on device in iTunes...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Y D K, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Y D K macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I manually manage my music on my iPhone 5 (despite Apple telling me that I have to use the library feature) and yesterday when synching the device with iTunes it appears to have wiped all of the music off of my device bar purchased music which I need to DL from the cloud and 2 random MP3's :confused:

HOWEVER and this is the weird thing, the music still appears against my phone when I connect to it in iTunes.

Is it really lost or still there somewhere, if so why is it showing up on iTunes? The capacity meter states over 12 gig of music on the phone yet the Music app in the phone is threadbare as described above.

I'm on IOS 7.0.4 using iTunes 11.1.5

2. Y D K thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I had something similar happen. Unfortunately, I didn't do a whole lot of troubleshooting and ended up restoring the phone to get it working.

5. Y D K thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol, yes.

Restore May be the only option, there's not an awful lot on the net about this.

IOS/iTunes integration has been crap for a while for me.

Tags on music won't sync on the phone when the file is updated in iTunes either.