help...Music library will not come up...crashes to home screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nikonmama, Nov 6, 2008.

1. nikonmama macrumors newbie

I have searched to see if I could find any threads with this issue and so far I have not. Please forgive me if I overlooked one. I have an ipod touch 2g and just now as I was getting ready to listen to an audiobook when I hit the music icon, it will start to come up and then immediately return to the home screen. I tried this several time and the same thing happened every time. So, I restarted it and it still did the same thing. Then I reset it and it is still doing the same thing. I am trying to restore it now......and when it is done I will see if it still does it. My question is, has anyone had this problem? If so, what is causing it and how do I fix it? If no one has had this problem........are there any suggestions on what I can do? This is the first real probably I have had with my touch since I got it. I have been listening to audiobooks all week....earlier this afternoon infact. I synced this evening and now I am having this problem.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

hmm, that is strange! i suppose a glitch or something. erase and restore it. if that doesn't fix it, go to apple store and get a replacement.

3. nikonmama thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your reply. well after restoring last night it still didn't work so I deleted an audiobook file I added before the last sync last night and now it is working. So, I guess something is wrong with that file. Of course now I have lost all my settings.........UGGGG! Can I restore from a backup? I tried that last night and it failed. I am trying it again anyway to see.

4. nikonmama thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured out the problem. apparently there is a bug that if you have more than 20 audiobooks on your ipod touch or iphone it will cause it to crash......and sure enough when it happened to me i was trying to sync 23 audiobooks. I deleted a few and it is working fine now.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2415

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

NICE! well i suppose u can live 4 less adio books. hope they fix the bug though..