Help - Music Recovery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cointreau, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Cointreau macrumors member

I have run into a very disappointing situation where my hard drive failed. I lost all of the music on the hard drive (not to mention my photos and data).

Anyhow, my iPod Touch still has all of the music that I lost. Is there any way at all to recover those songs (with the data et al) intact? Like a reverse iTunes dump? I do not want to rip my entire CD directory again, that would take way too much time... Plus, there are some rare songs from friend's bands that were only electronic...

Also I want to recover my photos in the photo directory. Is there any sort of software out there that will do that?

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

2. menthol moose macrumors regular

I'm not 100% certain whether it will work, but try out the most recent beta of Senuti, if you're running Mac OS rather than Windows. It says it has experimental iPod touch and iPhone support, so I assume that you'll be able to get some of your music off of it.

3. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I've used iPod to Computer with excellent results
    http://www.ipod2computer.com/index.php?SRC=6&gclid=CLz4-qrgj5ICFSOCGgodc1nr_g

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

I vote for iPod to computer as well. Same sort of situation happened to my friends computer, and he used that to recover his music

5. Cointreau thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for the suggestions.
    I plan to try each of the softwares and see which one works.

Again, thank you everyone!

It looks like iPod to Computer doesn't work with the iPod Touch. Ahh well. I will try the others.

6. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

It did work with my 1.1.3 touch. I have now upgraded to 1.1.4 and I see that the program doesn't recognize the touch any more. Oh well...

7. RobertMidd macrumors newbie