HELP - Must Globally Reset ALL EVENTS in iCal to "FLOATING" - HOW TO???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hello7868, Aug 4, 2007.

1. hello7868 macrumors newbie

These two quotes are from the Apple Forums from the last year - they never received an answer - my problem is IDENTICAL to these gentlemen:

"Hi all,
    I'm just a guy who recently migrated from Palm Desktop and who doesn't like to be in Madrid, for example, only to see his Chicago appointments listed seven hours ahead. I've been managing time zones in my head my whole life and don't really need or want iCal to "help" me out with it.
    That said, does anyone know of a script available or other method that will allow one to change all events in iCal to "floating"? I would prefer to not have to do this one event at a time.
    Thanks much for your thoughts and insight.
    MacBook Mac OS X (10.4.7)
    tonyhj"

"Re: Question re. converting multiple events to floating time zone

I'm glad this topic is here, and sad that it hasn't generated any useful replies in almost 20 days! I really had to dig before I found this unanswered question!

I've posted my own - somewhat comparable - problem and possibly someone will notice and answer. My question, posted Sept 9, is entitled "Can I disable 'time zone' actions done by iCal?"

Back to me, Real Time, August 5th, 2007:

Does ANYONE have a solution for this? How to GLOABLLY set ALL EVENTS (or at least all events in a given Calendar) to FLOATING, including RETROACTIVELY back to the very beginning of the Calendar (or even ALL of iCal)???

Perhaps an Automator Script at least???

HELP PLEASE!

iCal 2.0.5, Powerbook G4, OS X 10.4.9

Thanks! :D

2. Fayonne macrumors newbie

iCal is resetting my appointments

iCal is resetting my appointments (moving them back 2 hours) and I am not adjusting the time zone. I am right here in Central Time and this "feature" is making me crazy. What does it mean "floating"? Mine are floating arbitrarily. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can get them to stay at the same time I set them? - 2 hours tardy