My wife has a 2007 Core 2 Duo MBP (15") running 10.10. She does all her work on her computer and it is embarrassingly slow, I finish grad school in May and have a job lined up...but don't anticipate being able to afford a new computer until August or so. It isn't running the original HD, but the one that is in there is at least 4 years old. I've been doing some research on what I can do to make it a little faster and less frustrating to use and basically came up with replacing the HD and *maybe* being able to upgrade the RAM. 1. Looking at this drive - my wife is actually pretty good about keeping her drive relatively clean and we have a NAS - so 1TB is plenty. This is a temporary fix remember, and we are on a SUPER tight budget right now. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178340 2. The RAM is at 4GB (2x2GB) - I feel like I've seen somewhere that this computer will recognize some conformation of RAM allowing 6 GB total...can anyone confirm that is true or false? If by some miracle it is true...where can I get the right chips? 3. Assuming I can make this computer last a little longer, is waiting on Skylake my best best for longevity? I mean Aug/Sept. seems like about the time it should be showing up in rMBPs - even if I have to wait until Oct. it seems like the logical thing to do. Thanks in advance.