HELP! my applications folder is gone!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by likemyorbs, Jan 14, 2009.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

ok, so i accidentally dragged the applications folder off the finder's sidebar and heard that little swoosh noise. then i dragged it back on to the sidebar, but after i did that all i could see in it is the utilities folder. the only way i can access my applications folder now is to right click something on the dock and click "show in finder". then it brings up the applications folder as it should be. i have no idea what i just did. if anyone has ideas please post them and ill try everything once i get out of work today. thanks

2. nanvinnie macrumors regular

check your trash.

or

check your hard drive and it should be there. you probably just removed it from the sidebar.

3. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

The trash is empty. I dragged the folder back but the only thing inside it now is utilities. The only way I can view my apps is to right click something on the dock and click show on finder. When I do that I can view the applications folder as it should be

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

When you get home, try this:

Get rid of the Applications in the sidebar again... poof.

Now click your HD in the sidebar. It's listed under DEVICES above PLACES where Applications used to be.

Perhaps the first or second folder in the Finder window will be Applications.

Drag that one to your sidebar and place it between your username folder and Documents.

All back to normal now?

5. brendalana macrumors newbie

brendalana

Greetings, likemyorbs...

On the Finder's sidebar...

Under DEVICES...

Click on your Mac's hard drive...
    it should display various folders...
    amongst which should be "Applications..."
    drag this "Applications" folder to:

PLACES...

and you should find that you have not only restored your missing Applications Folder to your Finder's sidebar... but the original you dragged from your hard drive is still there...

Ciao...

Brenda...

6. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

i love you, thank you