HELP- my applications won't open

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jena55, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jena55 macrumors member

OK, so I took the plunge and got an ipod touch today. Everything was going well. I downloaded a few apps straight to my ipod from the apps store. They were working completely fine. Now, I have synced my ipod with my computer and the apps no longer work! The icons are still there, but when i open them they open for like 1 second then close. What is going on???????:(

I have checked and I have everything marked correctly as far as having my computer setup to sync all apps.

2. Pain macrumors regular

You are on your way to opening Apple's tips and tricks book. Lesson #1.

When your iPod touch opens applications, but immediately closes them, it means the authorization is gone. All you have to do it connect your iPod to iTunes and buy a free/affordable application and sync it to your iPod. Authorization should return, and your applications will open.

:)

3. jena55 thread starter macrumors member

thank you. Unfortunately, i went ahead and decided to try a hard reset (before i saw your post). So, now I have to wait two hours for that to be completed. :/ At least I now know for the future though!! Will this keep happening over and over?

4. Pain macrumors regular

It shouldn't. I get it on my 1G, but after 2.2, I didn't. A hard reset is a good idea. What's your software?

5. Danii92 macrumors newbie

So i tried buying a new app and i didnt work my apps still close a second after i open them

6. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

Worst comes to worse, you can do a restore, and that will fix it. An upgrade might also work.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Delete an app and reinstall. Try that.

If that doesn't work, deauthorize and then authorize your computer.

8. TomMunch macrumors newbie

Same thing here

Same thing here. Brand new iPod Touch 3rd generation 32GB. Bought & installed 7 apps & did sync. Sync removed the apps. Checked the sync apps box & synced again. apps returned. Apps will not open. Tried deleting & reinstalling all apps on iPod - no luck. Tried deauthorizing & authorizing computer - no luck.

Any ideas?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try a restore in DFU mode.

10. TomMunch macrumors newbie

Also tried unchecking all apps in sync & syncing to remove them & then resetting. Then installed free apps - they won't open. Arggh!!

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just do what I said.

12. TomMunch macrumors newbie

13. TomMunch macrumors newbie

Put into DFU mode which brought it back to factory settings. Then I restored from backup as iTunes suggested. Is that right?

Still no luck.

14. TomMunch macrumors newbie

I finally decided to download all the apps from iTunes instead of on the iPod via wifi & the first app worked! I'm trying the rest now. (fingers crossed)

15. TomMunch macrumors newbie

All apps now working. Why would installing them from iTunes make any difference?

16. haza540 macrumors newbie

ive had the same thing

i went snd bought an ipod touch 3rd gen 32gb, and downloaded 14 apps onto it, then i sync it to my computer and then tried to open them and they wouldnt work, but the apps that were already on the ipod work fine. what to do?

17. Mafinal macrumors newbie

Ughhhhhh

My iPod is having the same problems, BUT iTunes can't read the data on my itouch so i can't sync or get a new app on iTunes to fix my first problem. >.<
    (btw my itouch is NOT jailbroken)

someone help me please!!!!!!!!:(