Help my blackbook won't boot

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by future macnerd, Sep 8, 2008.

1. future macnerd macrumors member

Hi, I have a black macbook, which crashed earlier today (completely froze) so i turned it off, but when i tried to turn it back on i just get a blank white screen, the cd drive still runs and rev's up like it's reading a disc, and the fans turn on after a few minutes, but I have no clue what's wrong, if you have any idea, or any way to help me diagnose it? (like pc's have safe mode and you can mess around till you figure it out) IT'S MUCH APPRECIATED I'm a highschool student, this was my first laptop, and I really need to know what's wrong so i can get to data recovery, because i had a few projects on there and if I need to start redoing them, I need to start soon, plz plz plz plz help!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

dont sweat.

is there a disk in the disk drive?

yes or no, reboot holding the option key.
    then if there is a disk, hold eject, if not, click on the macintosh hd and it should startup

4. alumaman macrumors newbie

blank screen on start up

hey guys

my macbook doesn't startup and I just see a blank screen when I turn it on. It makes the booting sound with the little music chime but that's it, nothing appears on the screen, it's kind of white. This started when
    I did a hard forced quit because the computer wouldn't respond.

What I've Tried so far:

I pulled the battery, held the power button down 5 sec, replaced the battery, plugged in the power but same results.

I also tried a few "tricks" I've seen posted, hold the apple, command, p and r key on boot up and the command and eject key on boot up..............no help there.

Any Ideas?

One guy said he had to replace his ram

5. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Put your MacOS disk in and after you hold the power button to turn on press and hold the "D" key.
    This will go in to the hardware test screen.