Help, My Computer Won't Boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lsaxer, Feb 28, 2010.

1. lsaxer macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro 17inch, bought in 2005, so well out of warrantly, battery was just replaced recently. Running Snow Leopard (until today, flawlessly)

I was watching some TV Programs last night on the computer and then tried to load up a quick PDF file to view my school schedule for the next week. For whatever reason Preview would not respond to open the file, So I stopped playing the program and decided a Restart was in order since my computer had been on for quite some time figured it would settle down and I would get a beer.

My computer hasn't turned on since, It will go to the gray apple screen and pretend to load all the way and then instead of going to the deskop, it just sits there at the light blue screen indefinitly, It is really getting frustrating, this is literally my first day before the semester starts. I need my computer to work.

Any help would be great, It is soooo expensive in New Zealand to bring this in to be looked at, they want almost $100 before they will even tell me what's wrong with it.... what is going on?

-Logan

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Have you tried booting from your computer's Restore discs that came with the computer?