Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sako94

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2008
hey guys i need help my cydia keeps crashing and theres no way for it too open like when i click it loads for 1 second then crashes i tried resetting phone and same problem... anyone know a fix w/o restore?
thanks

Rapper92c

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
Yeahh Mann same **** here I had 3 upgrades and when it was running it just restarts my itouch and now doesn't open, what are we gunna have to do rejailbreak it ??

foob

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2009
My Cydia was crashing every time it opened. I traced it to corrupt files in /var/lib/dpkg/updates. Deleting them fixed Cydia. I can't guarantee that will fix Cydia crashes but it has worked for several people who have asked the same question here recently.

Here are a few methods to delete them.

SSH into the phone and type "rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Open MobileTerminal on the phone and type "rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/*" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Use the apps iFile or Discover from Cydia to browse to /var/lib/dpkg/updates/ and swipe the files then select delete, or in iFile select edit, check all the files, then tap the trash can at the bottom.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Before going the SSH and delete files route, try going into Cydia and under the manage tab select "Cydia Installer" and reinstall. This has fixed crashing problems for me in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.