Help my early 2008 macbook pro won't boot... Stays at the apple logo and loading

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 88888888, Aug 16, 2009.

1. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

Ok. here's the case.
    I have an early 2008 macbook pro. Earlier today I was putting my photos into my macbook pro. After doing so it has 11 gb left. My macbook pro also has a memory problem it takes up space like there's a sleep file that takes up 4gb of my memory. So i used omni sweeper and deleted the private file folder. After doing so i resetted mycomputer and then it wouldn't boot again

It would restart showing the apple logo then nothing would happen after a few minutes it would restart again showing the apple logo. However it never reaches the login screen. I'm using my macbook pro window's partition right now

Please help.

ThANKS!!!

2. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

I think you've borked your Mac OS X install. Something that was in the private folder was vital to the system and it will not boot. What I recommend is that you use your gray install Discs and Archive and install leopard.

3. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

argh. the thing is that i think ive deleted the folder before and it still works. or maybe not..

maybe I'll just take it to apple store next week and ask them to fix it = =.

I hope i don't lose anything...:confused::eek::mad::mad:

4. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

You really shouldn't go around deleting private folders there's a reason they are there, and do you plan on not using sleep because you just deleted the sleep image.

5. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

Uh, no — the private folder contains a lot of important OS components. /private/var/vm/sleepimage is safe to delete, though it'll come back when you reboot.

Also, that sleepimage file isn't a problem — it's a feature in the OS. The proper way to disable it so the file isn't required can be found here.

You can restore your system by doing an Archive and Install as said above. You won't lose any of your user data.

6. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok. thank god.. I'll try the archive and install as soon as i get back home tomorrow.. thanks

GG:(:rolleyes: