Help! My father is old and did computer stuff!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 050682h, Aug 4, 2014.

1. 050682h macrumors newbie

Hey all,

My father has been working for months on a word document and about ten minutes ago somehow managed to accidentally delete all the text and somehow hit 'save.' He is old. Needless to say, when we now open the document, we are greeted with a blank slate.

Is there any way we can recover his work?

Much appreciated,

Edward

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

If the AutoSave feature was enabled (or whatever they called it) you might be able to recover the file, albeit perhaps not with all his latest changes. As I've never had to search for this type of "backup" file, I'm not sure where to go looking for it. Perhaps you can find out by entering a keyword or two in Word Help. Or maybe someone who knows more will come along here...

3. jimmason macrumors newbie

Do you have your machine set to do Daily backups, time capsule Etc, may find document saved on the back up hard drive

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

A back up would be the only way I know. If you don't have that, did he email or print a draft copy at anytime?

5. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I'm going to assume this was Microsoft word? It's been awhile but I know they have auto-recovery options built in. Might be worth looking into.

How exactly does one select all text, hit delete, and then hit save? Just curious...