HELP - My FIRST IPOD!!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Tairalyn, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Tairalyn macrumors newbie

I just bought a used IPOD off some girl and she has left all her garbage on it, songs, contact and all that Jazz. Can someone PLEASE help me delete all of this? All I have is the IPOD, Ear Phones and the USB Plug that goes into my Laptop. Sorry I got no instructions and really wanted to use it tonight on a jog but I didnt want to listen to this Heavy Techno Stuff she has on here :eek: I really appreciate anyones help!!!

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

when you connect the ipod to your computer it'll pop up in iTunes. in the iPod source hit "Restore" on the ipod and that will reset it to factory settings.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You may want to download and install on your computer the current iTunes from Apple.com before you start, it will also update the software on the iPod

4. sinster macrumors newbie

sinster

Geez...i just realised, its been so long that i dont actually remember how to clear the memory on an ipod!!!!!

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Are you sure you bought it? You didn't steal it like most of the people who sign up asking how to blank an iPod they 'bought' of someone?

6. Tairalyn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

Thank you guys all so much, I appreciate your help.
    I have done what you said, downloaded the most recent version of ITunes and restored my NEW Ipod.
    This is great, I can now start adding music.
    To the comment about me "Stealing It", its really too bad people have to ask questions like this, just because I said I bought a used IPOD. I can understand your concerns, or maybe you had some bad luck yourself and had something stolen from you before. But I dont feel as though I need to show or explain myself to anyone. I know how much I have paid for it and I can sleep a restful sleep at night, thank you very much!

Again for those who left a helpful comment, I appreciate that and I will be enjoying my OWN Music this evening on my night run!

Thanks
    T:p

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Cool, you can never be too cautious though. It's just it is quite common. Only thing I've ever had stolen was the case around the iPod (they left the iPod though :confused:).

Hope you enjoy your new iPod though.

8. calculus Guest

calculus

They probably saw what was on it:p