HELP! My hard drives keeps ejecting...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jruzz, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Jruzz macrumors newbie

HELP! My hard drives keeps ejecting...

- My HDs are LaCie and G-tech since these are good hard drives and they are both ejecting I dont think they are the problem
    - It keeps ejecting in both of my old iMac and new iMac (3 weeks old) so I think its not the computer.
    - Ive tried it in both mavericks and yosemite and still same
    - both connected via USB

What could be the reason for this? You think this is a power failure? Or is it the files inside the hard drives making this issue? Note: They are main and time machine drives so they both have same files.

Hope someone can help.
    thanks!

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I have a lacie drive with the same problem. Every few days I log in and I see the improper ejection message. It happens randomly and it happens a lot. It happened so much I ended up disconnecting the drive. if you ever figure out why id love to hear about it.

3. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

This problem with random ejections seems to have started way back when 10.8.5 was released and it's never been fixed :/

4. Ray2 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, the solution is to not use USB 3 if you need reliable I/O. This is not an OSX issue, its an issue in WinWorld as well.

I just received my 5th USB 3 enclosure. Haven't put a drive in it yet (the USPS appears to have lost it). Hoping this one will at least mount reliably, or show up in DU so I can mount it. The other 4 were either borrowed or returned.

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

About 2 months ago my LaCie 2Big 6TB suddenly started the eject problem. Both drives tested just fine. LaCie replaced the set under warranty and I have not had the problem since with Mavericks or Yosemite.

6. Jruzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Its all good now guys. Its not the problem of HD or the computer. Its actually the OS. I don't know that exact thing but I fresh installed my OS and my drives are properly working now.

Thanks