Help! My iMac might be dying

Discussion in 'iMac' started by acrahm, Oct 10, 2011.

1. acrahm macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2007
    Hello all,,

I have a year and a 1/2 old refurbed 27 inch iMac and starting a couple days ago it was taking longer to load programs then usual. Then today I go to my computer and it gets stuck in the white page of death where it is stuck on the white start up screen with the apple logo. After searching, I boot of the instal disk and verify/repair the disk and get the iMac to come back on. I time machine my HD and now when I go from program to program or even website to website it takes incrediblly long to load (2 min on average)

Any idea what this is and if I can fix it myself or need to get apple involved? I have apple care (just realized I didn't register it though)

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    Sounds like you have a bad hard drive. Apple will replace that under AppleCare.
  3. acrahm thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2007
    You think I need to take the comp into an apple store or could I send it away?
  4. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2011
    United States
    GAH, Wish people would stop saying this, It doesn't matter if you have Applecare or not, the hard drives have been RECALLED, they have a replacement program going for iMacs from 2010 to 2011, if they have a 1tb HDD, since he has a 27 inch it should have a 1TB and fits the program, Heres a link OP,