Help! My iPad cracked!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samuelk0814, Feb 14, 2011.

1. samuelk0814 macrumors member

I have an iPad in the Acase leather flipbook case for iPad. I dropped it on the soil yesterday, and thought nothing of it because it didn't seem damaged in the slightest. However, while I was cleaning it this morning, I found that a chunk of iPad was gone. It was small, which is probably why I didn't notie it. Help me! I've only had this for about a month. Should I take it to an Apple store?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You're going to have to pay to get it fixed; it won't be covered by Applecare.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

You can, but AppleCare won't cover accidental damage. Sorry to hear.

4. samuelk0814 thread starter macrumors member

How much would it cost to fix it? I don't have a lot of money at hand, because I was saving up for it...now I have to bear with my $700 iPad being cracked so easily...
    I mean, it was soft soil, without any rocks in it. I heard stories about iPad being strong, and this is just RIDICULOUS! sorry I'm still a bit upset...

5. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

You're really not going to know until you take it in and have them look at it. I'd simply make an appointment and hope for the best. Let us know what it cost if you can... good luck.

6. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Sorry about your loss.

Hope it doesn't cost you too much.

7. svenn macrumors 6502

I also noticed a small crack on my ipad, but I have no idea how it happened. I was pretty peeved for a bit, but after a while, I don't even notice it even more. Think of it as a battle scar, something to easily identify it if you have to pick it out of a lineup. At least, that's what I do :p