HELP! My iphone 3G is stuck on apple logo! PLZ help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mly1637, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Mly1637 macrumors newbie

Hi, I thought to enter the world of iphone, so i went and brought a iphone 3G, i got it today and jail broke it using jailbreakme.com, Bt a while later i realized i want to remove some things on my iphone so i reset the phone back to factory settings, So i did that and now its stuck in the apple logo, i read online to do a hard reset and press home button to connect to itunes, and i did that, n it wants to update and restore, bt i dont want that, i want to keep my 4.0.1 OS. And no i didnt save my sdsd (whatever its called) i read some ppl post on this, BUT IM SO CONFUSED, can someone please explain to me please,

Im currently using windows vista

2. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

If you didn't save your SHSH hashes, then you're screwed until 4.1 jailbreak is released. In order to load 4.0.1 you will need to have your SHSH on file with Cydia and then direct iTunes to get the required signature from Cydia rather than Apple. But if you didn't save your SHSH, then redirecting to Cydia is a waste of time since they won't be there. Apple no longer signs 4.0.1 and is only signing 4.0.2. Unless someone else has a different answer, you may as well do the Apple restore and have a functioning (but not jailbreakable) iPhone at 4.0.2. Next week, 4.1 will be released. It is rumored that there will be a jailbreak for 4.1, but until this firmware is officially released and the DevTeam (or someone else) releases a jailbreak, you'll be stuck with a non-jailbreakable iPhone. Since you will be at 4.0.2, for which there is no jailbreak, you may as well update to 4.1 when it is released. Download Tiny Umbrella and start saving your SHSH hashes. Your device does not need to be jailbroken to save your SHSH. But get them while Apple is still signing them. There is a ReadMe file you can download when you download Tiny Umbrella. Be sure to read it and you'll understand what's going on and why you need to do certain things (if you want to jailbreak). There are also jailbreaking guides here and elsewhere to explain what to do. It would be wise to read them and understand the process before jailbreaking or updating.

3. Mly1637 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay i guess i would have to, but can i unlock the phone then after upgrading to OS 4.0.2? Thts my main thing, since i use it for t-mobile

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

To unlock you have to jailbreak, so no.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm puzzled. I thought the 3G was downgradeable without SHSH blobs saved?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1004562

If that thread's correct, and if the OP really does have a 3G as he's listed (not a 3GS), can't the phone be downgraded again, JB'd and unlocked thereafter without having to wait for the next jailbreak to be released?

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

That was my understanding as well. That 3G could downgrade, because they don't have the restrictions that Apple imposed starting with 3GS.

OP, since it looks like you're screwed either way, you can try downgrading your phone to 3.1.3. D/l redsnow 0.9.4 and 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 IPSWs for 3G.
    Follow these instructions. Because you're on windows, you've got some extra stuff you have to do, so read everything carefully first.
    BTW, you never reset if you have to wipe your phone. And you certainly don't reset if you want to uninstall a few programs.

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I'm not going to contiune to read your giant wall of text so I'll assume it's all as incorrect as the first sentence is..

Go ahead and update to 4.0.2 and jailbreak with redsn0w.

8. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Soft SHSH checks (software based not hardware) were added in with 4.0 for 3g devices.

9. aggy100 macrumors newbie

You should wait i guess.:eek:....bad luck mate
    Regards