HELP! My iPhone 4g is being shipped from China?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 24usedtorock, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 24usedtorock macrumors regular

:confused:

I recently ordered an iPhone 4G and the tracking page shows that it is being shipped from Shenzhen, China? Should I be ready to send this one back where it came from?

I found this very curious because I found that I could not upgrade to priority shipping on Apple.com despite the "ships within 24 hrs" message. The "Edit Shipping" button was grayed out, only once I phoned into Apple within 15 minutes of ordering was my order upgraded to 2-day shipping at no cost.

2. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Everyone that ordered from apple had theirs ship from China. Ordered Thurs morning, arrived Tuesday. It's the same place all apple products originate from. What's the problem?

3. 24usedtorock thread starter macrumors regular

When people say the "Chinese iPhone" with a negative connotation, is that just slang for a bad phone? Where I live there's a prevalence of bad iPhones being sold that have for some reason adopted this name.

I don't remember my 3G being shipped from China, I think that would have stood out to me.

4. diegoesk macrumors regular

fresh off the factory line.

Just an FYI, your screen may/maynot have a yellowish tint when you first get it. This will be because of the glue, which takes time to dry. Enjoy your phone!

5. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

you'll probably get it quick as they have regular shipments going straight from the factory. i got my atv2 that way in like 2 days. buying a dam cable on the other hand took like a week coming from some warehouse in the boonies in the states

6. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Foxconn makes the iPhone production and their factory is in Shenzen. Apple ships the units straight from the factory.

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

If you ordered an iPhone 4G from China it's probably a knockoff...

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

9. Radoo macrumors regular

"God made the Sun and the planets, the rest was made in China". :D

10. FilipH macrumors regular

You are a macrumors "regular" since 2009, and you still don't know they make apple products in China??? :confused:

11. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I find it kind of fun to track stuff from China. But it would seem rather odd that a regular member of this forum would not have run into at least one of the 1000 or so threads that talk about Apple products and China. :confused:

12. VoRLiN macrumors newbie

Have you ever hurped so hard you durped?

13. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Just think, a chinese guy fondled your iPhone before you ever touched it. :eek:

14. iFitz macrumors regular

LOL! Whether it ships to you from here or from China, they all came from China. That's where they're made. My AT&T iPhone 4 came direct from China. My Verizon iPhone came from a distribution center in California, but was originally shipped to that center from China.

15. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Seriously dude, where did you expect it to be made?

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Designed By Apple in California. Made in China ;):cool:

[​IMG]

17. milani macrumors 68000

milani

No.

18. 24usedtorock thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I must confess, I was intentionally a little sensational in my titling of the thread. With how busy the forum is, you have to be. :apple:

I was just a little surprised to see it being shipped from there, since my previous iPhones I recall being shipped from somewhere inside of the continental US.

I ordered a second one for my better half today, my next adventure will be catching up on the ways to jailbreak the iPhone 4. Unfortunately I work overseas but I intend to continue to pay the AT&T contracts. I wish they didn't gouge you to death with the international usage fees, or that they had a more expensive monthly plan.