Help! My iPhone 5S's LCD is broke and Passcode Required After Restart.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by minime220220, Sep 3, 2014.

1. minime220220 macrumors newbie

Hello all, I am new to this forum (as far as registration goes), but I've searched and searched and can't find a solution. I have an iPhone 5S and can unlock my phone with both Touch ID and my 4-digit passcode, but I recently dropped my phone on hardwood and the screen shattered so badly that it actually broke the digitizer and can't read fingers on most of the screen (did I mention all but about five of the pixels are unreadable?), which basically means I can only use Siri (i know boohoo it sucks w/e), and since I couldn't use the touch screen, I also couldn't turn off my phone with the "Slide to turn off," so I decided to reboot my phone with the whole "hold two fingers on both the home screen and lock screen..." and now the passcode is required to unlock the phone for basic use with Siri. I mean I can make calls and for the most part I can receive them by using the bottom right part of my screen and going off of muscle memory of where the "Slide to Answer" slider is, but isn't there some way that I can just use my fingerprint to get into my phone? Or possibly have Apple unlock my phone?

I'm all ears and any help is appreciated. :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you just bring it ti Apple and have them replace your screen?
    Then you can do whatever you want with it.
    Unless you want to keep it and use it broken like that then what's the point of trying to unlock it once?