Help! My Iphone is having problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by allboy253, Aug 21, 2010.

1. allboy253 macrumors newbie

Maybe someone can help me with this.

Every time I go on Safari my phone crashes and turns all the way off. Not sure if this is battery related. As of late my battery is loosing it charge very quick and they when you go to charge it it will show it being fully charged as soon as you plug it in. Any ideas what this could be? It sounds to me that the battery may need replacing, but is the Safari issue directly related? YOur thoughts?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What model iPhone is it, and what operating system do you have on it? Is it jailbroken?

3. allboy253 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a 3G
    its not jailbroke.
    And I just upgraded to 4.0.2, but it was happening before recentlly I upgraded.

Allso, when I upgraded I lost everything on my phone but my pic and apps.
    Anyway to get this stuff back? I synced it after I lost everything and Apple tech support told me that I was hosed because I synced it after I lost everything. Is this true?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What happens if you open mail or maps? If it doesn’t do it then, I’d question whether it is battery related.

I’d restore (use DFU mode, see my sig) the phone and setup as new.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Whoa, weird problem, never heard of it before. Ditto on the whole restore thing. Hope it works out for you

6. allboy253 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did the whole FDU/restore thing and it's still crashing to a hard boot (fully off) when I'm on Safari and the battery is dropping it's charge quick on a fresh recharge.

7. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

8. allboy253 thread starter macrumors newbie