HELP!!! my iphone wont import to iphoto.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bailey009, Jan 21, 2008.

1. bailey009 macrumors newbie

Hello im trying to import photos from my iphone and i get an "unreadable files" message and thats it no photos no nothing. can anyone out their in the mac community help me solve this problem.

Attached Files:

2. jasonh1234 macrumors member

jasonh1234

3. alfred1986 macrumors member

If you have a Mac, importing photos from your iPhone is a breeze with Preview. Here’s what you need to do:
    1. Plug in your iPhone

Connect your iPhone to your Mac with its USB cable… pretty self-explanatory.
    2. Fire up the “Preview” application

The easiest way to do this is to hit CMD+Space to bring up Spotlight Search, and search for “Preview” (without the quotes). If you don’t have a recent version of OS X with Spotlight, then…

1. Open up a Finder window (it’s the smiley face on the left side of your Dock).
    2. Click on “Applications” in the left sidebar of the new window that appears.
    3. Find and double-click on “Preview”.

3. Import photos from your iPhone

In the menu bar across the top of your screen click File → Import Image… to start the importing process. The “Image Capture” window will appear, showing all the devices from which you can import photos. Click on your iPhone, then hit the “Select” button.

At this point, you should see a window titled “John Doe’s iPhone” (where John Doe is replaced with your name). The window shows all the Photos that are stored on your iPhone. Click on any photo, hit the “Import” button, and the photo will show up full-size in a Preview window.

Finally, click File → Save to save the photo to your computer.