Help -- My iPhones "Home" button seems to be permanantly pushed in

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ljump12, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ljump12 macrumors 6502

Ok, so i have a jailbroken phone, I bought it at the AT&T store about 10 months ago. Jailbroke it fine... no problems, but suddenly today it starts acting weird. Every time i open an application it quits...

When i turn it on it starts up in Disk Recovery Mode...

It's obvious that the "Home" button seems to be stuck in . not physically, but to the software. Tried a full restore, and problem still is there, so it has to be hardware related.

What are my options, since i don't really have service with AT&T, will apple be able to service it. If i can get a friend who has an iPhone to lend me his simcard, can i pop it in, and bring it in for service under my name?

or... How would this story work... if i say that i restored it, and since when i reboot i can't get out of disk utility mode, and it doesn't work i just took my simcard and put it in another phone. So when i take it in, i don't have the sim card... or will they know?

I just want my iPhone fixed.. i payed a full $500 for it :(

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

To be honest, I can't see why Apple wouldn't service it. Just call them up and see what they say first. If it isn't currently jailbroken, then I think you will be fine since you are still in warranty.

If you just want to borrow your friends sim card that should work as well, just know his number at least. When you call up Apple they will have all your information about your phone.

Good luck.