Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jenny1377

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Ok, about two weeks ago I noticed that my Ipod was not holding it's charge. Then it would only play if it was plug in to a power source. Now it won't turn on at all, even when connected to the computer. I tunes does not recognize it. I am assuming the battery is dead, not sure. Can you get a new battery? How much would it cost if you can? I don't want to pay someone to look at it for them to tell me I need a new one. Any help is grately appreciated!

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
plug it in to your mac and leave it there for about 20 min - once there is charge in it it will then start to sync

but if none of that works then time to get a new iPod ;)

bdj33ranch

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2005
There are several companies that will send you - or even actually replace iPod batteries. Do a web search for 'iPod Batteries' and you will get several hits. The 'tall' Nano battery is a bit difficult to do because it is soldered in. So, unless you are comfortable doing that, you will have to send it to them (battery + installation + shipping). My 1G/4Gb Nano ended up costing about $45 to replace the battery. It was successful but in retrospect I probably should have looked more closely at the Apple Store 'refurb' section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.