Help?? My login page, my mouse, my keyboard

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by macswitcha2, Feb 27, 2015.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

So yesterday my mouse one click started to act bizar as if it was on second click option. But, preference says it's not. Every time I attempted to click to type or to open an app, the click would go into option menu.

I shut down to see if that would help but now I can type my login password because all the keys are not working. I press the B key and it backtracks highlighting the previous key.

And, it's on black and white mode.

I then login on guest account but the same thing there. My mouse curser is acting bizar and at times looks like a + rather than a regular curser.

So I log out and when I click on my admin account it automatically starts to log I a password on its own, a very long one, until I force it to stop.

What can be going on?

I tried to reset the pram but it never works. It keeps taking me to utilities.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What kind of mouse is it? If wireless, did you check the batteries?

3. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

The mouse is wireless Magic mouse and keyboard is the longer usb apple keyboard.

Batteries on the mouse are at 100%.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What Wi-Fi channel are you using? Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

5. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Don't know. I would like to know how I would know that.

However, I found a solution even though i don't know what the cause of the problem was. I got an old usb apple keyboard and everything seems to be working. The mouse bizarre behaivor is a mystery. However, it is working now and all I did was switch the current batteries around from left to right.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hold your Option key down and click on the Wi-Fi icon in the Menu Bar.