Help! My Mac is failing! What do I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NeverOddOrEveN, Nov 14, 2008.

1. NeverOddOrEveN macrumors newbie

Recently, my Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger Intel Core 2 Duo started to slow down. Then, while I was looking at the developer frameworks and viewing the com.apple.(application).plist 's, MULTIPLE windows started to pop up, and each one said that a certain application or widget (many of the ones that were running at that moment) quit unexpectedly. Since then, I have not been able to open most applications, like Safari, Installer, IChat, Microsoft Office, and many other vital apps to my computer.

So far, I've been trying to delete unneeded documents, apps, and other things that take up my Hard Drive space. I currently have 35.67 GB free out of 74.21 GB.

I am really desperate because I've already tried many things to solve the problem, which had no effect.

It almost seems like there is something wrong with the systems that is affecting most apps. I don't know what to do! Should I re-install my operating system, or find a helpful anti-virus app for tiger (that's free), or something else. Please, I don't know what to do.

Did I also mention that my MacBook started to become really slow for no known reason.

I also want to add that I recently installed a few apps including DarWine. Then I downloaded a few windows .exe installers from cnet.com. I am saying this only because it's important that I tell as much info. that may help find this solution.

*this post was originally written in the *http://discussions.apple.com forums*

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

3. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

what he said.