Help! My Mac is stuck on blue screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sparky445, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Sparky445 macrumors newbie

Someone help. I accidently edited the systemversion.plist file in system/library/coreservices. Now my mac won't boot. Its stuck on a blue screen. I have no os disk. PLEASE HELP ME.

2. aarone88 macrumors newbie

Option

Are you running lion or mountain lion, if you are while booting hold alt/option
    If the boot loader screen appears select restore and reinstall the os from there

If you are not running lion or mountain lion contact apple and they should be able to get you an os disk.
    Good Luck!

3. Sparky445 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Sparky445 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to solve the problem without the disk? Will it work if i buy a installation disk?

5. aarone88 macrumors newbie

Do you have another Mac I can send you the image of the recovery disk that you can put on a DVD, cd, or USB drive

6. Sparky445 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for helping. So i need to reinstall snow leopard, can't i install another software like lion. Please sent me the disk image if you can by email. My email is sparky445@live.com. Thanks

7. aarone88 macrumors newbie

You can buy mountain lion through the Mac App Store and make a recovery image using apple recovery assistant
    Here's the link you can use a USB drive http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4848
    Download it here but the computer it is created on must have lion or mountain lion http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1433

I will send you the image if I find the disk, I have it somewhere

8. Sparky445 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for helping. Plz do sent me the image.

9. aarone88 macrumors newbie

Sorry I apparently don't have a snow leopard disk anymore

10. jaggsmca325, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013

jaggsmca325 macrumors newbie

Please help for Blue screen on Lion

Hi,

Here is the brief about the situation.

1> I upgraded to Lion a year back from Snow Leopard
    2> Just a month back I created a partition and installed Maverick Developer Preview on the newly created partition.
    3> Soon after few days Blue screen problem started (Both In Lion and Maverick), where the screen is getting freeze for a few seconds (here is snap) and it continues to pop up randomly sometimes 10-12 in a minute
    4> So, i deleted the partition where the Maverick was installed and merged the partition again
    5> But the same problem remained.
    6> Then I created again a new partition and installed Snow Leopard from Bootable CD that comes with Mac but the same problem remained till date.

I really didn't get what the actual problem is and what to now? please help, I searched many forums but didn't get a solution yet.

I am using MBP 13.1 late 2011 comes with pre-installed Snow Leopard 10.6

11. desertman macrumors 6502a

1. Did you just create a new partition and installed Snow Leopard onto it, or did you boot from your Snow Leopard DVD, completely erase your hard drive and then installed Snow Leopard onto this completely empty hard drive?

2. Can you install Snow Leopard onto an empty external hard drive, boot from this external hard drive and check whether your computer then runs without problems?

3. Where in Pune do you live and what are you doing there? I used to live in the early 90s for some years most of my time in Pune in Koregaon Park.

12. jaggsmca325 macrumors newbie

1> I created a new partition and installed Snow Lprd from DVD
    2> No I can't as I dont have external bootable Hard Drive for mac.
    3> In Pune I am at Akurdi it comes under PCMC locality, professionally a software engineer, so have you been to Koregaon park for to Osho Ashram or some business related assignment?

13. desertman macrumors 6502a

I think in order to find out whether you have a software or a hard drive problem it would be good to install the system onto an empty, freshly formatted hard drive. This can be your internal or any external USB hard drive or even a USB stick (8 GB should be enough).

(I spent my time in Pune mainly at the Osho International Commune; I was there the first time in 1980 and the last time in 1995. This was truly a magnificent period in my life.)

14. Sparky445 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone

Thanks for helping. I brought the leopard installation disk. :apple: