Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBLinkinsop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2008
Murrieta, CA
So, out of the blue My macbook has started to go offline. Whenever my macbook goes to sleep, I shut it down, restart it, or close the lid. I have to go through the whole network pref. again and enter and save my WEP key. I have a new iMac and a few other devices that use my internet and they do not have this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?? I've searched for answers but nooooo, its just a huge pain in the ass.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
So, out of the blue My macbook has started to go offline. Whenever my macbook goes to sleep, I shut it down, restart it, or close the lid. I have to go through the whole network pref. again and enter and save my WEP key. I have a new iMac and a few other devices that use my internet and they do not have this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?? I've searched for answers but nooooo, its just a huge pain in the ass.

Do you have the Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out check marked?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 59

benoburdy

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
santa clara, ca
me too

No, I have the "Remember any network" checked. Its so weird.

yup, i have the same darn problem; and, likewise, it started happening recently. i don't think it happened in the past unless i was always using someone else's network and not my own; but i don't think that was the case. maybe one of the recent updates messed us up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.