Help my macbook pro keeps pausing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sekz, Oct 15, 2010.

1. sekz macrumors regular

so i have a 2008 mbp and i noticed lately when im browsing the internet regardless of the side im on it will pause. When i mean pause i see that little rainbow circle. What can i do to fix this?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Provide us with more information?

What Mac OS X version and browser application (with version) do you use? How much RAM is installed and how much free HDD capacity do you have?

You can also have a look at Activity Monitor ( Applications / Utilities / ) and select All Processes and sort by CPU to see what the culprit may be.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]

3. sekz thread starter macrumors regular

version - 10.6.4
    ram - 2gb
    102.73gb free hd space

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Does it happen on every* web page with every browser and what browser are you using again? Have you tried to reset the browser you use? Has looking at Activity Monitor brought any clues? How long do those pauses take?

* or only with pages including Flash objects

5. sekz thread starter macrumors regular

im using safari on its latest version. Yes it also happens with firefox. Yes i tried to reset the browsers. I dont understand what i should be looking for in activity montor. The pause takes like 8 seconds

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Look for CPU activity during or after or short before the pause if possible.
    And does it happen on every webpage, even simple ones with only text?