HELP: my MacBook Pro wont turn on AT ALL!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by djesco10, May 10, 2010.

1. djesco10 macrumors newbie

I Need Some Help here.... I have a 15" MacBook Pro (early 2008) and it recently took about a 2ft light drop (onto my carpet at that). It Completely shut off and wont turn on AT ALL. When i plug my charger in it`ll take a few seconds before light on the magsafe connector light up (green). im pretty sure it isnt the DC Board (since its been recently replaced with a newer one). can it be my logic board?

2. JRob65a6 macrumors regular

JRob65a6

You may have popped one of the connectors off. Was it on when you dropped it? Does anything light up when you try to turn it on? Lit keyboard?

3. djesco10 thread starter macrumors newbie

it was on when it dropped and shut off immediately... and no, nothings lights up and nothing powers up inside

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I had a friend who had this same problem but his backpack got thrown across the room by some idiot and then his macbook wouldn't turn on. It was a late 2008 unibody macbook and the aluminum got pretty bent up but all he had to do was take it to an apple store and they said he had to replace the battery and that was it. I'm not sure why that was the problem but now it works just fine (aside from being bent in a few spots). Maybe try just taking it to an Apple Store if you have one near you and see what they say.

5. msevild macrumors regular

If the light on the magsafe is green but your battery is not fully charged that is one indicator of a problem. If when you press the power button you hear no startup activity(fans, hard drive, optical drive) then yes your MLB is most likely in need of replacement. Could always pop off the bottom casing and make sure RAM is properly seated, just don't touch anything else since RAM and hard drive are the only user installable parts in those.