Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jp!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
I'm simultaneously having this problem with both my iphone and macbook. There are several wi-fi networks here to choose from but whenever i select on, type in the passoword, the "join" button is un-clickable! How can i 'join' a network when the 'join' button is not clickable? how the heck do i fix this?! PLEASE help with any suggestions you may have!

Thanks in advance!

jp!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
HELP! my macbook won't let me join wi-fi networks

I'm simultaneously having this problem with both my iphone and macbook. There are several wi-fi networks here to choose from but whenever i select one, type in the passoword, the "join" button is un-clickable, light gray:apple:

How can i 'join' a network when the 'join' button is not clickable? how the heck do i fix this?! PLEASE help with any suggestions you may have!

Thanks in advance!

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
The obvious question is, do you have the right password? And if so, how long/how many characters is it?

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
Duplicate threads merged.

If you're experiencing the exact same problem on both your iPhone and MacBook for a specific wifi network, it's more likely that the problem lies with the network. Are you positive you have the correct password? Is the wifi network restricted to only allow specific devices connect to it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.