HELP! my macbook won't let me join wi-fi networks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jp!, Jan 31, 2010.

1. jp! macrumors newbie

I'm simultaneously having this problem with both my iphone and macbook. There are several wi-fi networks here to choose from but whenever i select on, type in the passoword, the "join" button is un-clickable! How can i 'join' a network when the 'join' button is not clickable? how the heck do i fix this?! PLEASE help with any suggestions you may have!

Thanks in advance!

2. SuperKat macrumors regular

Me Too!

I was just going to post the same thing.
    It's weird, the un-clickable part is annoying. :mad:

3. jp! thread starter macrumors newbie

HELP! my macbook won't let me join wi-fi networks

I'm simultaneously having this problem with both my iphone and macbook. There are several wi-fi networks here to choose from but whenever i select one, type in the passoword, the "join" button is un-clickable, light gray:apple:

How can i 'join' a network when the 'join' button is not clickable? how the heck do i fix this?! PLEASE help with any suggestions you may have!

Thanks in advance!

4. g3powerbook boy macrumors member

this is probably a stupid question, but is the airport card enabled or is the wifi setting enabled? :apple:

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The obvious question is, do you have the right password? And if so, how long/how many characters is it?

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Duplicate threads merged.

If you're experiencing the exact same problem on both your iPhone and MacBook for a specific wifi network, it's more likely that the problem lies with the network. Are you positive you have the correct password? Is the wifi network restricted to only allow specific devices connect to it?