Help my Macbook wont show on Tv

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Carden, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Carden macrumors newbie

okay so i got one of thoose Mini Dvi to Composite cable/Svideo, i hooked them all up the screen on the macbook would change but on the tv it would show like huge black and grey shaking things/ lines i mirrored the displays or whatever its called, clicked detect display, tried a bunch of display setting types but all it did was change the shaking black and grey line shape thingeys. But one setting that i change it to made it to where i saw like 25% of a zoomed in spot and it was mirror so i saw it side by side on the screen and it was in black and white. if any one could please help i would really really help it i have one the early 2008 models so i accidently wasted $20 buying a mini display

2. simsaladimbamba

There are conflicting facts in your post. Do you have a Mini DVI to Video adapter or the Mini DisplayPort to Video Adapter (which I don't exists)? There have been two modes of MacBooks in 2008, the white and the Aluminium Unibody one. Which one do you have and what exact TV model do you use?

Do you have access to another TV to test the adapter with or even a set of other video cables (between adapter and TV)?
    And do you use the S-Video port (black) or the Composite port (yellow, but you could also use a red/white or red/black RCA cable)?