Help. My macbooks working perfectly.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecritix, Nov 10, 2007.

1. thecritix macrumors 6502

I use it every day, its absolutely reliable, its a real workhorse, its on all the time I am, from doing my Uni work in Logic, Sibelius etc, to planning my lessons through ical. To editing photos with photoshop, uploading them straight from iphoto to facebook.

Using time machine to drag back files i tinker with.

My Macbooks perfect.

Just wanted to balance out some of this apple bashing thats going on.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I can help, just rename your account's folder under Users. That'll make for hours of troubleshooting. ;)

Thanks for the positive energy.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This place has no room for your positive feedback. You should be ashamed of yourself.

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I second this idea, you most definitely can go wrong right there :p

5. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Im having the same problem with my MBP. Why would apple sell me a machine that works this well?

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Mine too dammit! Apple should answer for this unconventional reliability!

- 3+ year old iPod - working brilliantly despite tons of abuse.
    - 2+ year old Nano - all those runs and still the little engine that could.
    - 8 months with my MBPro 2.33gHz - why am I buying you RAM you don't need - you're faster than my Windows Desktop?
    - 134 days with the iPhone - hello perfect!

7. TheStu macrumors 65816

Leopard doesn't let you do it (easily).

Oh, and today we salute you, Mr. MacBook that refuses to quit
    -Mr. MacBook that refuses to quit!

Been dropped, flipped, tossed, scratched, pounded upon, bumped and sprayed with water... you are either the toughest laptop around, or you're a tank
    -OOooOOHH it's an Abrams!

Your power button gets pressed and you are ready to work in seconds, able to run for weeks on end without a rest. All the while being carried around everywhere, with little regard to your own safety.
    -Oh, I just hit a doorframe!

What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? You do.
    -Like a timex watch!

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light Mr. Workhorse, cuz you may not be the fastest machine out there, but damn if you aren't the toughest!
    -Mr. MacBook that refuses to quuuuiiiiiiiiit!

8. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

Sadly my brand new Macbook does have issues....its so darn cute and usable that now I feel this unmistakable draw to make it its very own laptop sleeve and buy expensive accessories for it. Darn you Macbook why do you make me want to buy you stuff...oh that's right cuz it Rocks! :)

9. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

Nice thread !!!! :D I too have had a wonderful MacBook experience....how did I live such an un-civilized Windows life for so long ?

And yes.....it cries for accessories.....I just got my Waterfield sleeve in the mail for My Precioussssss MacBook.....yessss. :apple:

10. keenkreations macrumors regular

That...is hilarious.

11. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

Since I bought my MBP it has been running pretty good and powered on quite a bit. Parallels acts up once in awhile but that isn't apple's fault. This is my first mac and I am really getting use to the OS. Share files between ubuntu no problem and windows machines. My LED screen is one of the best I ever had on a laptop.
    The more I use OSX and get use to it the more I like it :)

12. samuraikiss macrumors regular

I too have similar issues. I got my MacBook and fell in love. So I buy her everything she wants -- first Microsoft Office '04, then iWork and iLife '08, next Computrace and Intego software, after that an InCase sleeve and Leopard, and soon MacStyles -- because she deserves it all. And she's more reliable with any man I've ever met.

I've named every computer that I've ever had, and this is the first one that I've decided is definitely female. With her sleek curves and reliable performance, how could she not be? All of the others were Windows brutes. (My boyfriend says I have the "fervor of the newly converted". So true.)

13. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

ok, seriously though. that's what forums are for. getting help on why people's stuff doesn't work like it should. I have my macbook and love it too (could still use some more RAM). But people come here for help!

14. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

My MBP and I go almost everywhere together (except where my sexy beast might get in trouble). My first Mac (BlackBook 2.0 C2D) was almost perfect, minus the graphics card, and the MBP on my lap it more than perfect. I must say, Windows has no startup videos I can think of, nor a startup chime (despite how rarely I hear it on my MBP). I can't go back with the horror of Veestah right now, although I've played in Solaris and Ubuntu, but OS X wins before the fight begins. Glad to see a good complaint :D

15. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I have a friend who's friends with a guy who has an uncle that's got a girlfriend who flirted with an IKEA guy who has a roommate that works at an Apple store that said Apple is going to release patch that break your Macbook.

I would have created a new account so that my post count was one but I'm having to much fun on my wife's mb while she's sleeping. I think it works perfectly too. So does she.

I got it as an early xmas present this week, planted it so when she woke up she'd see it and she didn't even read the note, and just started giggling and jumping on the bed praising me and she hasn't put it down since this morning. She loves it and being a windows user, she's adapted very well to it, no complaints, and even said, "I probably wouldn't have been as giggly and happy if you bought me a dell, tyvm honey, no go fix breakfast for the kids".............. that witch! I BUY the damn thing and I can't even sleep in.

16. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I only thing I hate about my MBP is that I have to run Final Cut Pro, Motion 2, Soundtrack, Photoshop, Aperture, Illustrator, and other apps on 2GBs of RAM and it doesn't slow down not one bit :mad:

I have to keep working and can't blame the machine for crashing and taking an early lunch break.

Come on Apple, give me a machine that actually doesn't work so I can be lazy :mad:

My iMac.... sucks! I can't get it to slow down while playing high end 3D games for anything. I put the settings on high and nothing happens at all! :mad: it just keeps on running the games, and the colors are perfect. No bluish or yellow tint on the screen at all. Apple isn't living up to the poor standards that so many claim. :mad:

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Unfortunately, my brand new 2.2 GHz SR MacBook works perfectly too. Even with the minimum 1GB of RAM that it came with. I can't wait until next week when the 4GB of RAM I ordered arrives and I can make my MacBook even happier.

Sweet.:cool:

18. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Oh don't even say that, when I first got this thing that had me fooled for days.

19. byttle macrumors member

byttle

I really cannot wait for apple to send me a broken and defective mbp. I cant wait to just sit down to unwrap it, just to find that apple has included a pee-stained screen, and also i hope they've excluded the 2.4 Ghz Proc, 2GB RAM, 8600m GT with 256MB GRAM, and the 200GB HDD screaming at 7200RPM, all for 2699 of my dollars... something tells me i am going to be disappointed... :rolleyes:

20. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

21. slowpoke macrumors regular

slowpoke

Had a 2.4GHz MBP for a few weeks now, and the only problems I've had have been due to external causes (my school's abominable network)... It's a shame I didn't figure this out until after I'd reinstalled Leopard four times. :(

22. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

This reminds me of another issue I am having with my MBP. It's been almost a years and every time I do something stupid and wrong my machine crashes, or tells me I can't do it. I mean what is that, :mad: when I used Windows, it crashed every time i tried doing something normal, like open IE or Firefox, or just turned the bloody thing on. This Mac I have now won't even crash when I do the most insane things, it will just keep on ticking.

Another thing I am noticing is that the users with the pee colored glasses that see problems with the iMac display aren't saying much about it anymore. I am sure Apple is still selling plenty of machines, so where is the widespread issue those "know-it-alls" were talking about? Come on Apple, give me something to bitch and whine about. I am tired of all of these machines that work flawlessly.

23. mm1250 macrumors 6502

Sounds like your running Vista to me. You sure your running Mac OS?

24. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Oh thank god. I was afraid to let anyone know that my experience has been the exact same... I've been feeling guilty that my MBP seems to have been near issue-free for the past year.