Help, my MBP will not turn on!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macanudo, Feb 13, 2008.

1. macanudo macrumors regular

macanudo

I am freaking out a bit here. I used my MBP all day today, connected to a 23" LCD, doing daily things like email, internet and spreadsheets. I closed the lid to transport my MBP home.

2 hours later, I went to use it and after 5 minutes after I started Camino, the MBP went crazy - making that noise similar to ejecting a CD. I went to hold down the power button and shut it down. Now, all it does is show nothing on the screen while the CD noise returns twice. I tried this again, then removing the battery, nothing.

I believe I had parallels w/excel open, iphoto, preview and camino open at the time before it went crazy.

Any help would be appreciated

Or else I'll have to buy a MBA :)

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

you might have buggered your harddrive put the mac os x install disc in and boot from that and have a look if you can

3. macanudo thread starter macrumors regular

macanudo

Yeah so after another day or so, the behavior kept repeating and now my MBP will simply not start. I am very unhappy.

4. audioruckus macrumors member

audioruckus

This JUST happened to me this morning...are you still having issues? Let me know if you found out how to fix this!

Thanks....

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

6. audioruckus macrumors member

audioruckus

Actually just brought my MBP to the Apple Store. Turns out its a broken memory socket. They removed one of my 1gb memory sticks and everything works now.

I'll need a new logic board if I want to use the 2gb of RAM ever again. By the way, this will be my 3rd new logic board since March 2006. :mad: I was an early adopter of the macbook pro line when it first came out after the intel switch.

Learned my lesson about buying first generation products thats for sure.

7. macanudo thread starter macrumors regular

macanudo

It was a bad logic board. I dropped my dead MBP at the apple store early this week and I'm waiting for a cost estimate. They probably said that it'll need a logic board replacement. Good luck...