Help, My new iPad is having trouble.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scyrner, Jun 5, 2011.

1. scyrner macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

This is my first post on these forums and I don't really know where anything goes. I hope this is in the right place but if its not maybe a mod would be willing to move it?

So, this is my problem. On my Ipad, no matter what App i open (as long as it did not come with the ipad, Calender, notes, and suchlike) instantly shuts down. I touch the app, it gives me a black screen for half a second, and then goes back to the main screen.

The only things that I have done with it so far is use the internet and listen to music. The Safari browser also does not crash...

So far, i have tried a hard and soft reboot and restoring from a backup from before I had this problem, nothing has worked.

Thanks evermuch

Scy

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Restore it back to a new device and start from there

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

Sounds like you need to authorise your device. Plug into iTunes, then click Store > Authorise this computer.

At least, I think this is it...

4. scyrner thread starter macrumors newbie

might there be anything less drastic? or is that likely to be the only thing that works?

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

6. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Its most likely one of the apps you downloaded thats giving you trouble. Your best bet would be to restore your device, but not from a backup do a fresh install of all your apps.

7. scyrner thread starter macrumors newbie

quick q, if i factory restore can i re download ebooks onto ibook for free?

8. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

You don't need to restore. In iTunes deauthorize your device.. Sync your iPad. Reauthorize your device and sync again. You should be good to go