Help, my Panasonic HDC-SX5P not recognized by my MAC

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by techchallanged, Jan 27, 2008.

1. techchallanged macrumors newbie

I need to connect w/fire wire instead of USB but my camera port doesn't support a standard fire wire. Is there a special fire wire that will work? Is that all I'll need? I've spent hours trying to get this to work!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have a DVD camcorder with the option to record on Flash card. Your camera does not feature FireWire. Your video is not intended to be edited. If you want to edit it, then you may be able to mount the camera as a desktop volume and drag the video from the Flash card to your Mac. With the proper software, you can then edit the AVCHD (High-Definition) or DVD-VIDEO (Standard Definition) video. If you are recording on DVD, then your best bet is to use a tray-loading Mac and use an app like Handbrake to rip the video into an editable format.

3. techchallanged thread starter macrumors newbie

Panasonic HDC

OK, so even if I don't want to edit, and I just recorded on the mini DVD, I want to import it to my computer so I can burn a DVD of the recording, I cannot get the camera recognized by my computer. I plug it in with the USB provided with the camera, and nothing happens. As you clarified, fire wire doesn't work, I don't have a tray loading MAC. Am I just out of luck? There's got to be a way to make this work.:(

4. techchallanged thread starter macrumors newbie

Just spoke to panasonic technical support

Support says Panasonic HDC-SX5P is NOT compatible with Apple. Wish they would have told me that before I purchased it! My mistake!:mad: