Help my sync problem or the kittens die!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoikeT, Jul 29, 2012.

1. MoikeT macrumors newbie

Firstly, I apologise for being an insufferable nOOb. Quite frankly, if I knew the answer to this inquiry, personally I wouldn't post a reply to this thread because I hate people who can't work out basic stuff for themselves (or Google it), and I'm scornful and unhelpful like that. But I'm hoping you'll be nicer than me. Pleeeeeeease.

I have had an iPad3 since its launch, and in the last week have bought an iPhone and an iMac. Yes, I have come over to the Dark Side. It's oh soooooo cool here, but I'm having problems finding my way around.

Here's my problem>

When I got my iPad, I connected it to my Dell laptop PC, set it all up with iTunes, and backed it up and synched it and everything. No problems. Now, however, I want my three Apple devices all in bed with each other in a mutually consensual and orgiastic relationship, which is mostly why I came over to the Dark Side.

But it seems that I cannot get iTunes on my iMac to play nicely with my iPad OR iPhone, as it says my iPad is already linked to another computer in iTunes. Looking into this, I see that you cannot have devices registered in iTunes to more than one computer- presumably in order to prevent people unlawfully sharing copyright material.

I Googled this like a good little nOOb, and found out about de-authorising computers. I did this for my iPad on iTunes on my Dell laptop. I even uninstalled my iTunes program too, for god measure, but when I plug my iPad and iPhone into my iMac, it still tells me they are owned by my other computer.

HELP! Pleeeeeease! Or I will kill some fluffy kittens.*

* not really. No animals will be harmed in the production of this thread.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

1)You can't sync with two computers no matter whether you deauthorise computers or not.
    2)People feel more obliged to help you when you just talk about the problem and don't fill the post with useless stuff. You post could of been 1/4 of the size it was if you didn't write useless things. No offence but please be a little more serious.

3. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

it's an ipad, how serious does it have to be?

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

5. MoikeT thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm sorry about the useless verbosity of my OP. (FWIW, I was trying to make it funny for the sake of those kind enough to read it, rather than for my own health.)

Thanks for the advice. I do not wish to sync with two computers. I want to sync with my new iMac, but I cannot do so because the iPad and iPhone are tied to my Dell laptop, despite my de-authorising the iPad and uninstalling iTunes from it.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. Seriously.