Help! My touch came unsynced!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robyrt, Apr 23, 2009.

1. robyrt macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 16gb 2nd gen ipod touch that I received for Christmas. I've been using it, syncing it up every week or two to add music, etc. Yesterday when I was browsing the app store from the touch, it seemed to have lost my login info (had a different login name--just the first part, not with my @email portion anymore) and told me to resync it to my computer. I did, but now itunes tells me that if it syncs, it's going to erase all my songs/apps and data for those apps. I JUST put podcasts on it this past Saturday because I was going on a road trip.

Any ideas what might've happened? Or at least, how to resync it without losing everything?

Thanks for your help!

2. dark-saito macrumors regular

Im not sure but...

If you don't mind resetting your network/settings on the ipod it will erase the account that the itunes store syncs/ asks permission for without deleting any of your content. Hope that helps :)

3. robyrt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply. Will that enable a re-sync to the desktop without overwriting the files? It's like the silly thing has amnesia and neither it nor the desktop remembers who it is...