Help!My Touch is Disabled!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wishwing, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Wishwing macrumors newbie

I got my Ipod touch in the late March.
    Once I was too busy so I didn't even touch my ipod.(It was on my desk)
    So when I got my ipod to hear some music.It said "iPod is disabled try again in
    4364079 minutes. So now I'm in shock and is there anyway to fix it?
    Or do I have to buy a new one because I got over 200 songs in there....
    Help

2. rma2110 macrumors newbie

Did you enable a passcode? I think two things could have caused this: A wrong passcode entered many times, or a badly written application on a jailbroken iPod Touch.

Can you restore it using iTunes? That might fix it.

To update or restore iPhone or iPod touch:

1. Make sure you have an Internet connection and have installed iTunes 7.4 or later from www.apple.com/itunes. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Connect iPhone or iPod touch to your computer.
    3. In iTunes, select iPhone or iPod touch in the Source pane and click the Summary tab.
    4. Click "Check for Update." iTunes will tell you if there's a newer version of the iPhone or iPod touch software available.
    5. Click Update to install the latest version of the software. Or click Restore to restore iPhone or iPod touch to its original settings (this erases all data on iPhone or iPod touch). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.

ETA: A restore will wipe the iPod clean. You'lll have put any songs and videos beck in :(

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I also suggest restoring, as well as not jailbreaking if you already had, as that is what may have caused this problem. App Store > Jailbreaking

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Ha! I just googled this and found that it is a Jailbreak app that was modified to do this to your iPod. That's why I'll always stay official.

Edit: Nvm, this could also be done through MANY times of failed passcode entering. Is this iPod 'borrowed'?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

sounds like the iPod is stolen or someone is playing a joke on you. Just plug it into the computer you activated it with and see if that helps.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

can the app store let you run ROMS, change your theme, SSH onto it, terminal? didnt think so jailbreaking > App store
    Really, and who yould be dumb enough to install an app like that? and provide a source for that, please, as i am inclined to not believe you

7. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

can the app store be a pain to work with for some people? and possible harm the device? didnt think so

as for the disabled problem, plug it into the computer, it should work again, as it worked for me when that happened

8. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Do you really need SSH, Customize, and Terminal? :confused: With the App Store we're going to be getting pre-checked official applications of much better quality than jailbreak apps. And in the process, there will be virtually no chance of harm, and you and I both know that jailbreaking is known to cause many problems.

As for the app, I mean an application that runs normally but also infects your device with malicious code.

9. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

Probably the same person dumb enough to spell would with a "y". :D