Help navigating ports in terminal (aircrack-ng)

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by symposiarch, Mar 25, 2015.

1. symposiarch macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2015
    I'm in the process of cracking my own WEP encrypted wireless network utilizing a 2015 Macbook pro operating on Yosemite with aircrack-ng installed.

I have been following a, slightly, dated tutorial and everything has been going well up to the point of:

/usr/local/Cellar/aircrack-ng/1.1/bin/aircrack-ng -a 1 -b be:ee:f0:49:94:89 /tmp/*.cap

Upon which I type this in, with my corresponding .cap file, and nothing happens. It just hangs in terminal. I suspect the issue is with /aircrack-ng/1.1/, for I do not have version 1.1 installed on ports. I have version 1.2 rc-1. The problem is I don't know how to navigate in terminal to /usr/local/cellar/aircrack-ng/ to see what exactly I need to type in to make the command run.

So my question is pretty simple, how do I navigate in terminal to open this folder to see the contents? In a word, how do I get to that folder in order to 'ls -l'?

cd /usr/local/cellar/aircrack-ng/ did not work.

Thank you in advance.
  2. boast macrumors 65816

Nov 12, 2007
    you can cd into /usr/

then do an ls to list the directories. then cd into the name of the one you want
  3. symposiarch thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 25, 2015
    Thank you for the quick response. I did cd /usr/ and that was fine, but I'm not seeing a 'local' directory.. Any idea where this may be buried?
  4. dyt1983, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

May 6, 2014
    edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.