Help! Need A HP printer driver

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brsboarder, Jul 11, 2007.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

So, I desperately need the os x printer drivers to the HP c4280. I searched HP's site and also the alternative printer site. So, if anyone can post a link to them, that would be great

2. obelix112za macrumors member

Driver

I found the driver for your printer:

https://sales.sitel.be/swdcd/Welcome.asp

But I think it ridiculous that they expect you to pay for the driver, as it should be included in the package. You may also try e-mailing them or phoning them.

I tried helping, cause I'm looking to buy a similar HP printer (wireless one) & would like if you eventually get sorted, let me know what you think (print quality etc...)

Cheers

3. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

It's virtually impossible to miss the driver CD with Windows and OS X drivers on HP's website, the OP probably wanted them for free or without the hassle of ordering the disc.

HP most likely made a crappy license deal with the developer of the OS X drivers, with limited redist rights. On the other hand, there is no way the driver CD isn't (supposed to be) included with the printer. If the disc is missing for a brand new printer, something is wrong. In any case, I agree with the suggestion to call/e-mail HP.

To charge for a physical replacement disc is perfectly reasonable though, but the drivers really should be downloadable for free in addition. Disappointing move by HP.

4. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea, I found it to order, the problem was that I needed it that night. Therefore, ordering if would have been a complete waste