HELP! Need a player that allows playback speed up

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bailmdb, Oct 24, 2010.

1. bailmdb macrumors newbie

I'm working on my MBA through a distance program and my classes are posted online. The player on a PC allows speed up of the playback, which cuts off a significant amount of time for a 3 hour recording.

However, the Silverlight plugins for the players in Firefox and Safari won't allow speed up of the playback, nor will Flip4Mac (free version).

I can log into the university remotely, which allows me to connect to their PC environment and use IE (which has the speed up option), but I've been encountering some serious slowdown issues this way. What I REALLY need is the ability to watch my classes at a faster rate of speed. I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions as to how I can accomplish this goal. If I download the class in a zipped file, it's a WMV. TIA.

2. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

3. bailmdb thread starter macrumors newbie

Just downloaded and tried and it works. Thanks for the tip! I've watched about an hour of my class at either 1.5x or 2x depending on who is talking, but by the time I got to 60 minutes the audio and video were way out of sync. I closed it down at 60 minutes and reopened and just dragged the slider back to 60 min and the audio/video sync was back to normal. Any suggestions on how to keep the syncing from getting out of whack? I'm watching my class from a DVD. Thanks.