Help! Need acessories...what do I buy!!! Help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ngrncr, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ngrncr macrumors newbie

Ok...so YES! I'm new at this, ok. :eek: Can anyone tell me, (I have search all over the internet!!!!) if there is a bluetooth rechargeable mouse with bluetooth keyboard for mac users. I like to buy a combo, because it is cheaper, but if I have to do it separately, I guess I'll have to work longer hours. :( I mean... there's got to be. Somebody must have thought of it. I have a 6 month old macbook with bluetooth capabilities. After days and hours working on my computer, I need something that won't give me shoulder pain. Ugh! :eek: I also don't want anything to use my USB ports. I also don't intend to use the keyboard too much, but when I'm typing long letters, I want to use a more comfortable keyboard than what's on the mac. I like to use the mouse. It is just easier for me. Less shoulder pain. I'm on my computer all day long. The office has nicknamed me SCREEN LADY. Ok..maybe I'm asking for too much. But...can anyone direct me to the right products. THANK YOU!!! ;)

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Apple makes both a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse.

Several other companies make mac compatible bluetooth keyboards and mice too (Logitech for example).

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

The Apple MightMouse and Wireless keyboard?

Logitech MX Revolution and a diNovo Mac Edition Keyboard.

4. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution is an option.

5. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

Logitech

I would try logitech first. FInding ones that are rechargeable and bluetooth might be a challenge but i am pretty sure i have seem at least a reachable from logitech.

Good Luck

6. looman9635 macrumors member

looman9635

you could always just get a mighty mouse and put rechargeable batteries and get the apple wirless keyboard :p

7. Zdob macrumors newbie

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I own the mx5500, it works great. Its a bluetooth MX revolution and bluetooth mouse. Mouse has rechargeable batteries and includes the charging dock.

Mouse doesn't work that well without paying for steermouse, a 20 dollar program, as the keyboard/mouse set is made for windows.

Besides that, it works great. Volume keys work fine, track up/down and all buttons on the mouse are customizable.

Retails for 150 or so, but Amazon had it for 80 when I got it. Also Ebay has them for 100 or so.

9. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

iogear makes an affordable rechargeable bluetooth mouse:

http://www.iogear.com/product/GME229B/

As for keyboards, there's only a few wireless mac keyboards available. I would just do the apple bluetooth keyboard, but of course, that's the same as the keyboard on the laptop.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

And... that would total $358 retail. MX - $99 and the diNovo - $159. I could buy a 32GB iPod touch for that... or buy an overpriced mouse and keyboard. OP, unless you get an awesome deal, don't go Logitech. The MX is infamous for the hyper scroll mechanism to break. And the keyboard is huge... and expensive.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

A couple things seem off.
    A-sub-point: $99+$159≠$358
    B-sub-point: Buy.com has the MX for under $60, Best Buy had them last week for $40?
    C-sub-point: MacMall has the diNovo edge for $99.
    D-sub-point: The MX has had its issues, Logitech has great customer service and I'm pretty sure it still does better then most mice
    E-sub-point: the keyboard is no bigger then a standard keyboard (not the Apple Bluetooth)

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If you are getting should pain when using any kind of equipment, you are not doing it right. Might want to correct your posture.

Look up on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.