Help: Need new internal display driver inductor

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by natmat, Jan 23, 2012.

1. natmat macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

Hope someone can help. My 13" MBA (first rev I think) display is permenantly white on power-up; external display OK.

There's an inductor on the logic board (right next to the video cable connection) that has blown; it's marked "22UH 0752AB or ...AC". Does anyone have a cct layout diagram so that I can determine the exact spec of this part please? It's obviously rated 22uH, but what is the current/voltage spec. etc.. Ideally would like to match like-for-like, but that may not be possible.

From what I've read/learnt, this seems a common failure when the right hinge sheers and the video cable is cut, shorting out this inductor.

Ta, Nat.

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

Have you looked on ifixit.com ? Their tear downs and repairs are pretty comprehensive.

Stewart

3. natmat thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Stewart,

I wondered about that before, but when I searched that site their attitude is "if it's broken, then buy a new one of us".

Can't find a cct layout anywhere on that site. Shame, their steps are clear and well photographed, however they're lacking the detail that I need/want.

N.