Help! Need to refund Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lewisozz, Aug 17, 2011.

1. lewisozz macrumors member

lewisozz

Hi guys

Just got my iPad 10 days ago with a cream leather smart cover, I noticed as soon as I took the smart cover out of it's packaging it is really prone to smudges and black smudge stains. I even wash my hands before I touch the cover but the cover is very easily smudged! Do you know if I can return my cover and swap it for a different colour, hopefully a darker cover. I have still got all the original packaging and the receipt. Need to do it quick thought because I have only got a couple of days left on my return policy and I live in the highlands of Scotland so the closest Apple store is in Glasgow.

Thanks for your help. :)

2. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

They may or may not let you--depends on how used looking it is.

3. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Yes, you can.

4. lewisozz thread starter macrumors member

lewisozz

Thanks

Thanks for your answers! It's just a few small smudges so hopefully they will let me return it. Got any recommendations for a good smudge resistant Smart Cover colour? Maybe Blue?

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I've got both the black leather and the blue poly. Definitely go with the black leather. My blue one shows dirt way more than the black one.

6. lewisozz thread starter macrumors member

lewisozz

Thanks, I will defiantly try and get the black leather one.

7. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Wow, pretty fun, I did the exact same choice concerning the smart cover and guess what? Mine too is dirty as hell for no particular reason! Stains just appear like that when my iPad is in my bag or anywhere else...
    I must say I was really bothered when the first stain appeared less that 24 hours after its unpackaging, but after a while I kind of got used. Anyway, very good question concerning the replacement service, I would be curious to know if they take full responsability over this pretty silly downpoint...

8. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    The poly cover is easily cleaned with a damp cloth. Mine (lime green) can look pretty grungy after a week of heavy use, but it looks as good as new after it's cleaned. Even a pen mark came off with a drop of soap.

I usually wipe off the inside of the cover too. Seems to keep those vertical dust lines at bay.

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I can agree with this as well. The polys do clean well with a damp cloth. I only mentioned black leather as it's not near as noticeable.

10. mpaquette macrumors regular

Definitely stick with the poly covers simply for their ability to be cleaned.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm sure the leather ones can also be cleaned with leather cleaner/conditioner.

12. karilynn macrumors regular

karilynn

I'm sure they would allow you to do an exchange and refund the difference. They have a 14 day return policy. If you have the packaging it came in, that will help.

13. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I'm sure you can get a refund.
    By the way, I'm just curious what colour is your iPad?

14. lewisozz thread starter macrumors member

lewisozz

It is white.