HELP: Need to restore iPhoto library

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by baggiefanatic, Sep 5, 2014.

1. baggiefanatic macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I am not sure if I am even posting in the correct plea here. I have never posted before, as I usually find my response by reading about other peoples issues!

Yesterday, I completely formatted my iPhoto library, got it just how I wanted. I was really happy. I backed up on iTunes and synched to my iPhone. All the events currently on my phone are exactly how I want them.

I then attempted this morning to import my iPhoto library to another folder. It didn't go well, and for whatever reason my iPhoto library is back to how it was a few days ago. I am missing a large number of photos. I have done the whole cmd+alt=open iPhoto and repairing the library, to no avail.

How do I restore all of the events from my iPhone onto iPhoto? OR a way I can use the back up to restore my library. I am really nervous, and even though all the photos are coronet on my phone and I backed up AFTER my iPhoto amendments, I am worried I could lose important pictures for good.

Sorry for the long post. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martyn

----------

Correct, not coronet!!

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Back up with Time Machine? If that's the case, open the folder your iPhoto library originally in. Open Time Machine. Find your iPhoto library and restore it.

3. baggiefanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

No, just backed up to the computer. My time capsule appears to be on the blink also. As you can see, I'm a bit of a novice. Is there not just a way I can copy the events from my iPhone into iPhoto?!

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

What is this 'back up to the computer' even means? Transferring photo to iPhone is not a back up. But you could try creating new blank library, plugging in iPhone and import all photos to see if everything will fall into places.