Help!!!! Need to Wipe out MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macbook2013, May 20, 2013.

1. macbook2013 macrumors newbie

I needed to download Microsoft on my computer I was told a website could log into your computer and do it for you ... long story short they logged on did not install it and now in my disk utility it says I have 67,907 folders and 260,965 files my icloud is also full which cant be right because I barely use the compeer. I was told I need to completely wipe out my MacBookAir and went to Disk Utility and erased but it still says I have all these files and folders ... I also see where some people say you need some type of Disk USB drive in order to wipe out the computer ???? My Mac Air did not come with any USB in the box I bought it last year .... Could someone please advise me on what to do

2. Hirakata macrumors 6502

Hirakata

Restart your computer and hold down the option key. Then choose the Recovery Partition when prompted. Open Disk Utility from the Recovery Partition, and erase your drive. Then reinstall OS X.

3. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

Let us know how that worked for you and, by the way, never never ever allow unknown persons remote access to your computer. But I guess you already learned that.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Obvious malware...Op: follow the instructions in the posts above, and one thing to check...ALL your bank and Credit Card statements....Make sure that no monies have been removed, and that you see no transactions you didn't make.

Then, for safety sake, change the passwords on them all.

Good luck with the re-install. Personally...? I'd re-format the drive first.