Help! Need Video drivers for MBP on Windows Vista (64 bit)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ryz0n, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Ryz0n macrumors newbie

Ok, I just recently installed 64-bit Vista on my MBP. I've had to go through so much crap, looking for ethernet and network drivers, finally got those so I'm up and running on the net. However, I've failed to find the correct video drivers for my computer. I've tried apple's website, nvidia's website, and laptop2go, and countless others. I've tried like 5 different versions and nothing has worked. What is the correct version for the nvidia drivers I need? Keep in mind, i'm running 64 bit, so its a little trickier. Oh, I also downloaded some drivers called nvidia omega drivers that are supposed to be for 64bit vista but those also failed. I'm so frustrated, I just want to play some games arggh! Can anyone help me out?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I know Vista-64 was recently supported on the new Mac Pro's, perhaps you could look at the drivers for them, however seeing as Apple doesn't officially support Vista-64 on anything other than the recently released Mac Pro, I think it's going to be hard to find drivers.

3. Ryz0n thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm starting to think that there isn't something available for the drivers I need. Basically, I've looked at many drivers on laptopvideo2go, I need one I guess that works with a Geforce 8600M GT (my card?) Of many that I have found, none mention the 8600M only 8600, but I finally found 167.58 that showed 8600M compatible, yet it also failed. Everything just keeps failing. Am I going to have to alter files and what not, or is there a cut and dry file that will install these drivers? I guess it'sa mistake running 64bit, but that's the only disc I was able to get for now. That really makes me angry that Apple just released a new OS and didn't even give it 64 bit support for Vista.

4. hishat macrumors regular

hishat

just install a 32-bit vista...save urself the hassel??